Prev: Re: [FT] PBeM Next: Re: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...)

Re: [FT] Dereks OU (was UN SDN stuff)

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 18:48:31 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Dereks OU (was UN SDN stuff)

G'day Beth,

Had a couple of designs that might fit in with Dereks ideas (his fit
with
mine)

"Sydney" class carrier

Mass  220
Cost  735
Hull  Weak
Armour 7
FTL
Thrust 2
Screens 2
FC     2
ADFC   1
PDS    6
Beams
2 class 4 (both fs,f,fp)
4 class 1
Fighters 6 groups

"Protector" class Light carrier

Mass  140
Cost  466
Hull  Weak
Armour 6
FTL
Thrust 2
Screens 1
FC     2
PDS    4
ADFC   1
Beams
2 class 4 (both fs,f,fp)
3 class 1
Fighters 4 groups

"Burnam-Burnam" dreadnaught

Mass   150
Cost   519
Hull   Strong
Armour 9
FTL
Thrust 2
Screens 2
FC     3
PDS    4
Beams
7 Class 3 (3-fs,f,fp; 2-f,fs,as; 2-f,fp,ap)
2 class 2 (360)
2 class 1

I think that the numbers are right. None of designs has had a good
combat
test yet but are based on my experiences. Any thoughts?

Wilko.

At 09:50 27/10/99 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day guys,
>
>Derek has been hammering away at this stuff for a while and thought it
was
>about time it saw the light of day in general. He knows a few of you
other
>guys have put some long hours into your OU stuff and isn't trying to
get up
>your nose, its just that he thought the figs were cool and got inspired
;)

>Cheers
>
>Beth
>

>>From: "Tom McCarthy" <tmcarth@fox.nstn.ca>
>>Subject: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (3rd proposal)
>
>>In general, I agree with Brian.  However, I would probably avoid
>going to
>Class-4 batteries.  Leave that to the ESU; instead
>
>Oops I'm in trouble now, my OU 'Oceania' Dreadnought has 4 class 4-beam
>batteries.
>
>For those interested
>
>Oceania class DREADNOUGHT.
>
>TMF: 160
>NPV: 548
>
>TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
>
>Classification:	Dreadnought
>Displacement:	16000 Tonnes
>		[MASS Factor 160]
>Hull Type:		Average
>			[Hull Integrity 48]
>Crew:			140 Personal
>			[Crew Factor 7]
>Armament:		4 Class 4 batteries (2 arcs each, facing
forward)
>			4 MT missiles.
>Defences:		4 Point defence systems
>			Level 1 screen
>Sensor suite:	Standard sensors
>			2 Fire-control systems
>			1 Area Defence Control System
>Drive systems: Main drive rating 4
>			FTL (Jump) Drive.
>
>SERVICE DETAILS:
>
>First entered service: xxxxx
>Currently in OUDF Naval service: 4
>Lost in action: Nil
>Decomissioned/scrapped: Nil
>Relegated to reserve fleet: Nil
>Sold to other forces: Nil
>Under construction: 4
>Procurement cost: 5480 MUcr
>
>The Oceania class Dreadnought or Battledreadnought depending on whose
>definition you subscribe is typical of the design concept of the new
>construction program for the OUDF navy. Designed to fight at range the
OUDF
>Navy has opted to give the Oceania class an array of four class 4 beam
>batteries supported by MT missiles. As with almost all designs of the
new
>construction program the Oceania is equipped with a large PDS suite and
>ADFC system.
>

>While on operations the main task of the Oceania class will be to keep
the
>enemy away from the new carriers, which are not designed close range
combat.

>The latest unit to have completed construction, the OUS Brisbane has
just
>been deployed to the fleet and is the 4th unit of the 10th
Battlesquadron,
>the other units being the first three units of the class, the OUS
Oceania,
>OUS Australia, and OUS New Zealand. The Battlesquadron it self is
>homeported at Fleetbase XXXXXXX in the BD +35° 2270 star system.
>
>A further four of the class is currently under construction.
>
>SHIP NAMES:
>Oceania		completed xxxxxx.
>Australia		completed xxxxxx.
>New Zealand		completed xxxxxx.
>Brisbane		completed xxxxxx.
>Adelaide		under construction.
>Canberra		under construction.
>Perth			under construction.
>Hobart 	under construction.
>Moresby		Name not used yet
>Suva			Name not used yet
>Darwin 	Name not used yet
>Wellington		Name not used yet
>
>Of course this is just my take on the OU Navy (part of a larger
document
>I'm working on).
>
>OUDF Navy
>
>	The OUDF Navy is the space going arm of the Oceanic Union
Defence Forces,
>it is a professional volunteer force whose primary role is maintain the
>security of the systems and territories which make up the Oceanic
Union.

>Because the Oceanic Union is a Multi system interstellar nation the
OUDF