Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book Next: Re: re Free Orange Republic Ships

[FT] PBeM

From: colin.plummer@t...
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:20:15 +0100
Subject: [FT] PBeM

Hello folks,

  I've been fairly busy lately, but my little FT PBeM processor is
steadily
reaching 'alpha 1' status.

  My Alpha 1 release was intended to have the following features
   1, hardcoded ships (ship loading is the next step)
   2, cinematic movement
   3, beam and PDS only (as far as weapons go)
   4, intership communication
   5, damage repair

  At the current stage, cinematic movement and arc calculations are
completed.
I'm now working on the firing orders.

  My initial plan was to have each weapon list targets in order of
preference,
(with 'closest' being a valid target).	 Then the targets are assigned
based
on how many firecons the ship has.  However - this is a bit of a coding
muddle.

  I could continue using this idea.  But I was kind of hoping that those
of
you with a little more 'command experience' might give me some ideas on
how
to handle target designation.

  Cheers.

--
Colin Plummer

Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book Next: Re: re Free Orange Republic Ships