Prev: [FT] Outlanders MEGA battles (was Jovian Formation) Next: Re: Aliens Drop ships and APCs

Re: Aliens Drop ships and APCs

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <jsadler@e...>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:17:23 +1000
Subject: Re: Aliens Drop ships and APCs

>>The big problem is WINNING these auctions at a reasonable
>>price.  Being on
>>the side of the globe means often auctions end when it's 3am
>>here... and
>>there is always furious last minute bidding.
>ebay will do automated proxy bidding for you so you
>don't have to be online. Problem if two proxybots go
>head to head you will be up to your maximum and still
>lose.

Yes I know ebay does this, but it still comes down to two people bidding
against each other in the last seconds of the auction - unless one sets
their max bid much higher, in which case you could end up paying a lot
more
for something than you wanted to.  Also, in the last minutes, some
people
will just keep bidding until they are the highest bidder - and if you
aren't
watching the end of the auction, tough.

Jeremy

Prev: [FT] Outlanders MEGA battles (was Jovian Formation) Next: Re: Aliens Drop ships and APCs