Prev: RE: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night[CLEAN STAMP]

Re: Transport capacities

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 16:15:13 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Transport capacities

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Jeff Lyon wrote:

> >I'm of the opinion a detachment of AWACS would be a nice addition to
> >NAC carrier.
>
> Or anyone else's.

In a recent game where the NAC and the NSL did some fleet maneuvers
(they
weren't really fighting...) I learned you don't go toe to toe with NSL
Dreadnoughts. You Fighter them and protect your carriers with the battle

line. The NSL player gained a healty respect for fighters, especially
torpedo bombers and interceptors.

I'm currently contemplating a super carrier form for Full Thrust.
Essentially two hull sections arranged en-echelon, both with launch
decks
a fore and engine sections to the rear.

I'll do the figure, then do the stats...

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -