Prev: Re: Transport capacities Next: Re: Transport capacities

RE: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Rick Rutherford" <rick@e...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 16:02:14 -0400
Subject: RE: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP]

Michael T Miserendino wrote:

> I like this idea a lot as it plays well with the theme behind Ogres
and
> Bolos.  I would add a mod to the rule for movement:  If a single tread
> module receives a damaged, immobilized, or boom chit, the entire
vehicle
> has its maximum movement reduced by half.  If more than two tread
> modules receive a damaged, immobilized, or boom chit, the vehicle is
> immobilized.

I'm not so sure about that. The DSII battlefield is a pretty deadly
place,
much more deadly than the OGRE game system. We found that it was easy to
immobilize the thing -- we gave the tread units 5 armor to give it some
survivability, and it still didn't make it past the first half of the
table. If it's going to be an, "Oh My God It's Still Coming At Me!"
kind of vehicle, then it needs to be REALLY hard to kill.

--
Rick Rutherford
I apologize in advance for the junk appended to this message

======
10/07/99 16:02:15

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server that protects Electronic Systems and it’s customers. No Viruses
were detected in this message.

======

Prev: Re: Transport capacities Next: Re: Transport capacities