Prev: "gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet" Next: Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex

Re: [DSII] Gif maps

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 12:19:00 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] Gif maps

Use about any paint program that you are comfortable with as there are
many
graphics convertors available.	My favorite convertor is ThuimbsPlus.
Check
out: http://www.cerious.com/

Vector based drawing programs like Illustrator and Freehand are
excellent
for making maps since you can rescale the image without losing quality.

They are not as easy to learn as most bitmap based apps.  There is also
Visio which has a good base of graphics to use for maps and has several
add-on packages to enhance it.	Visio is easy to use, but not
inexpensive
compared to some paint programs.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 10/05 10:52 AM >>>

I'm working on some DSII scenarios for the new Scenario Book.  I've got
the
nuts
and bolts of the scenario down in a standard email format.  The sticking

point
now is the maps.  Can anyone tell me what sort of utility I should be
using
create maps in Jpeg or Gif formats?

Prev: "gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet" Next: Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex