Prev: Re: [DSII] Gif maps Next: Re: [DSII] Slammers painting guide

Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 19:08:07 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Steven M Goode wrote:

> Greetings all - I'm new to the list and had a few questions.	If I
make
> any mistakes (in format or whatever) please let me know.
>
> I have DSII and just bought SGII.  As a Californian, I'm
> intrigued/amused by the inclusion of Free Cal-Tex in the "official"
> universe.
>
> -Is there more information about this state in FT?  I don't want to
buy
> another book just for a bit of fluff.

there are some mentions in the timeline, which is online at:

http://www.dirtside.freeserve.co.uk/gzghist.html

and there is more in the text of the history section; i don't own sg2,
so
i don't know how much overlap there is. i also don't know what's in the
fleet book (a supplement to ft2).

incidentally, i'd strongly advise buying ft2 - it's a great game. joooin
uuus ... :)

> -If Free Cal-Tex hasn't been fleshed out, what are the odds Tuffley &
co
> would be willing to accept suggestions from fans?  I already have a
flag
> planned out, and some OOB/doctrine ideas...:)

the odds are excellent. in fact, the mechanics are already in place.
your
first step would be to join the GZGPedia list (as has been suggested and
detailed); your next step would be to get in touch with the people who
have already got to work on the FCT; my best information says that these
are Nathan Pettigrew <mailto:nathanp@microsoft.com> and John Leary
<mailto:john_t_leary@pronetusa.net>, although i don't know if these
people
or addresses are up to date.

oh, and welcome to the list!

tom

Prev: Re: [DSII] Gif maps Next: Re: [DSII] Slammers painting guide