Prev: Dirtside Rules Question Next: RE: Dirtside Rules Question

Re: Dirtside Rules Question

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:58:09 +1200
Subject: Re: Dirtside Rules Question

David wrote:
>    I was playing a Dirtside game last weekend and my opponent (the
lesser cheesy one) was using a tactic that left a bad taste in my
mouth.	He was doing a "pop down" attack.  he would keep his copter in
high mode and drop down to attack, and then climb up again.  this
chewed up my forces.  He also fields tanks with 0 armor.  This wouldn't
be so bad except for 2000 points he an field 4 choppers and 6 tanks.  I
had 1 copter and 4 tanks. Add to this the fact that I didn't win one
dice role the whole game and it was a miserable experience.
>    Short of fielding a AA battery is there any way to deal with a
force like this, or should I just not play against him anymore?

This tactic works in real life against a foe with low air power and low
air defence. My suggestion is play with more points, and specify and
agree on a percentage amount to spend on air power and air defence for
each side. With such a low points battle, I would have specified No
Aerospace, No VTOL and No air defence.

I hope that helps!

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-

Prev: Dirtside Rules Question Next: RE: Dirtside Rules Question