Prev: Re: [OT} Terraforming Next: Re: Dirtside Rules Question

Dirtside Rules Question

From: "David D. Taylor" <dtaylor@p...>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 23:34:33 -0400
Subject: Dirtside Rules Question

   I was playing a Dirtside game last weekend and my opponent (the
lesser
cheesy one) was using a tactic that left a bad taste in my mouth.  He
was
doing a "pop down" attack.  he would keep his copter in high mode and
drop
down to attack, and then climb up again.  this chewed up my forces.  He
also fields tanks with 0 armor.  This wouldn't be so bad except for 2000
points he an field 4 choppers and 6 tanks.  I had 1 copter and 4 tanks.
Add to this the fact that I didn't win one dice role the whole game and
it
was a miserable experience.
   Short of fielding a AA battery is there any way to deal with a force
like this, or should I just not play against him anymore?

David D. Taylor dtaylor@pce.net ICQ # 1851388
"Ultimately most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the
correct
skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the
right skull. The
devil is always in the details."
Marcus Cole - Babylon 5

Prev: Re: [OT} Terraforming Next: Re: Dirtside Rules Question