Prev: RE: [EFSB, FT] Emines and beam costs Next: Re: Shoulder launched nukes?

Re: [OT] In defense of Aliens

From: "Jim 'Jiji' Foster" <jfoster@k...>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:21:04 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] In defense of Aliens

At 07:31 PM 9/24/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 Aron_Clark@digidesign.com wrote:
>
>> I'll have to say that Aliens is perhaps one of my favorite movies.
In my
>> opinion it is the best portrayal of sci fi combat/soldiers in a film
yet.  Sure
>> the whole mothering theme was a bit thick, but beyond that a truly
excellent sci
>> fi film.

Someone's probably already mentioned this, but the Colonial Marine
Technical Manual is an excellent book for Aliens fans, and builds
elaborate
back story and justification for the way troops were deployed and
handled
in the film.

I'll go back to sleep now. :)

Prev: RE: [EFSB, FT] Emines and beam costs Next: Re: Shoulder launched nukes?