Prev: Resin vehicles - customizing Next: Re: Hull Repairs

RE: Resin vehicles - customizing

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:32:45 +0100
Subject: RE: Resin vehicles - customizing

>I know resin is just basically plastic, so it's fairly soft.
>My first instinct
>is to grab my router and go to town, but I don't want to a)
>shatter the piece,
>or b) melt the resin onto my router bit.

Its very probably going to melt and fling hot plastic about
Drilling with a hi-speed motor drill has a similar effect.

Try it out on a test piece first if you have one.

a variable speed dremel and a tooth bit or cone grinder might
be more controllable. You could melt the hole with a
hot soldering iron and then clean it up with machine
tool afterwards.

good luck - et us know what happens

-= tim jones =-

Prev: Resin vehicles - customizing Next: Re: Hull Repairs