Prev: RE: [FT] Terraforming Styrofoam Next: Re: [FT] Terraforming Styrofoam

RE: [FT] Terraforming Styrofoam

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:16:15 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT] Terraforming Styrofoam

>I'd think it would be difficult to get a smooth, non-seamed
>surface with the towels. For asteroid to small moon objects,
>though, the rough irregularities might be appropo, of course.

Yes you do get a seam, you could use a thinner mat such as
a tissue and elemers PVA glue, this also dries rock hard and if
you use thin tissue paper used on model planes or gift
packaging it can be got to a near smooth finnish, enough so
that the undercoat can all but remove the surface detail.

The towel technique comes from terrian modelling where seams
can easily be flocked. Tissue & PVA can give you a very
fine finnish, I know this from my balsa plane modelling days
where we used this technique to seal the grain on balsa
fuselages, it should be perfect on styrene.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: RE: [FT] Terraforming Styrofoam Next: Re: [FT] Terraforming Styrofoam