Prev: RE: [GZG-TER] Measuring Sticks Next: RE: [FT] Terraforming Styrofoam

RE: [FT] Terraforming Styrofoam

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 07:06:54 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Terraforming Styrofoam

I think you can get this in a thicker form that's still called
spackling paste, though I'd think you'd have to watch out for the
plaster stuff. Not that you couldn't use plaster...

I'd think it would be difficult to get a smooth, non-seamed
surface with the towels. For asteroid to small moon objects,
though, the rough irregularities might be appropo, of course.

Just me meandering without actual facts again.

The_Beast

"Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@Smallworld.co.uk>@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU on 08/23/99
01:39:48 AM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

Sent by:  owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
cc:

>very rough texture; not beaded, but very porous.  I'm thinking of using
>miliput, which is very easy to work with when you have enough
>water, and
>adds strength besides.  I'm not sure if this is the best
>option, though.
>Anyone done this before?  And if so, what'd you use?

Paper kitchen roll/towel soaked in acrylic filler (this is the
modern white stuff they sell for filling the cracks when decorating)
This dries to a rockhard surface and protects the foam.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: RE: [GZG-TER] Measuring Sticks Next: RE: [FT] Terraforming Styrofoam