Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish questions (ammo) Next: RE: [DSII] Infantry basing question

Re: FMA Skirmish questions (ammo)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 21:13:56 +0100
Subject: Re: FMA Skirmish questions (ammo)

>In SG2, I've always considered the question of ammo
>usage, reloads and jams as part of the overall firing
>action.
>
>Sometimes a no effect outcome of the dice means the
>shooter was forced to reload or clear the chamber, not
>necessarily that the shot missed its mark.
>
>I understand that fits in better with SG2s somewhat
>abstract firing mechanics, but I think it would work
>for skirmish too, unless you just want more detail.

Agreed that this fits SGII's level of abstraction, but I think a
man-to-man
ssyetm like FMA can stand a little more detail, IF it can be seamlessly
integrated into the basic mechanisms; I think that what we've pretty
much
arrived at through the recent discussions is the way to go, as it gives
rule that can easily be left out if players prefer not to bother with
it.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish questions (ammo) Next: RE: [DSII] Infantry basing question