Prev: Re: FMA: something missing Next: Re: FMA Skirmish questions (ammo)

Re: FMA AutoFire/Area Attacks

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:34:30 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA AutoFire/Area Attacks

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> 1
> (downshifted two levels). This represents the 'spread the wealth'
> approach to firepower. Spraying bursts to suppress, not kill. Rolls of
> double 1's on any of these shots is an out of ammo/stoppage (resolved
> as however these are resolved...). Note the downshifted FP limits the
> range at which spraying is effective to probably the first three RB.
> Note a stoppage/ammo out prevents any further attacks until dealt
> with.

You know I was searching around for a way to say this when you did.
There
needs to be a way to incent autofire without making it so deadly. The
reason you spray  a few bursts is to keep heads down so anything that
increases likely suppression results, while maybe even taking away a bit
from kill/hit results is a good way to simulate why you use auto.

Prev: Re: FMA: something missing Next: Re: FMA Skirmish questions (ammo)