Prev: Re: Calm in battle Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

SHotguns!

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:02:46 -0400
Subject: SHotguns!

Quoth Scott Saylo:

The squad "Thump-gunner" (M-79 single shot breech loading 40mm grenade
launcher) often carried a 12 gauge pump This was because the M 79 was
a truly
awful self-defense weapon and the shotgun was far preferred over the
.45 auto
pistol.

** I'd assume he didn't have 40mm Cannister. That'd be pretty good
self-defence round.... for at least one blast.

Someone pointed (Ken) out that many problems with firearms are ammo.
I'd have to agree. Military rounds tend to have (if I'm not wrong....)
thicker casing walls and load higher powder loads - not entirely for
range or effect - but rather to work a weapon that has good dirty our
fouled in the field or from a lot of firing. They have controllable
gas systems that let you adjust them so they'd work the action even
when dirty (to a point).

I've seen a broken firing pin once, I've seen a few cartridges torn in
half by ejectors, I've seen triple feeds.... (that was a pain to
clear) and I've seen actions just jam open...

As an aside - for you Americans - people keep talking about loading 30
rounds into M-16 mags. Up here our rifle team guys load 28 rounds to
ensure better feeding. Is it the fact we Canucks re-use the disposable
mags?

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: Calm in battle Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....