Prev: Re: To GZG - Other Settings/Genres Next: SHotguns!

Re: Calm in battle

From: "Jonathan White" <zzalsjfw@f...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:58:23 +0100
Subject: Re: Calm in battle

On 15 Jul 99, at 10:44, Thomas Barclay wrote:
> back make life difficult.  Also a big component is nerves and
> adrenaline.
> ** I'd agree here that how calm you are has more to do with how you
> shoot. Supposedly Doc Halliday was incredibly calm and that was what
> made him a deadly gunfighter, not lightning speed. A trooper who is
> (if you could be) blase about being shot at is probably a better shot
with
> his rifle than a range champion who doesn't get shot at much and is
all
> excited about the flying lead.
It's not a new idea. There is a word for it in Japanese martial arts.
Obviously I can't write it out but phonetically it's something like
'zanjin'.
That being the art of having a clear mind in a fight.

In FMA terms this is built into the troop quality rating surely?

				TTFN
					Jon

Prev: Re: To GZG - Other Settings/Genres Next: SHotguns!