Prev: SHotguns! Next: Re: Calm in battle

Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:20:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

Thomas Pope wrote:

> After a few of lessons at the range, I consider myself lucky to hit a
> dinner plate size target at 25 feet with any regularity!  And that's
> with a .22 target pistol.  With my '10mm' Sig I can't hit squat.  So
I'd
> support those numbers wholeheartedly, being that untrained soldier
> myself.  :-)

	I've been shooting pistols since I was 13 (GASP!  The HORROR!).
Right
now I currently own a Taurus PT-92 (A Brazilian clone of the the Berreta
92F) and a Springfield Armory 1911A1.  My father likes to boast that I
probablly can shoot better than most cops he has seen, but I haven't
meet very many police officers out on the range to be able to judge.
With the 9 mm, I can hold a 1 inch group at 15 yards.  The .45 is giving
me a little bit of trouble, as it shoots incredible low (though it does
continue to put them in the center of the target) even when fired from a
bench rest.  Dad says that I will have to file down the front sight
(something that will ruin the finish) or get a new sight all together.

--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	... [T]hey came to study and apply the sociological laws; they
came
with stars and badges and rules and regulations, bringing some of the
red
tape that had crawled across Earth like an alien weed, and letting it
grow
on Mars wherever it could take root.  They began to plan people's lives
and
libraires; they began to instruct and push about the very people who had

come to Mars to get away from being instructed and ruled and pushed
about.

	And It was inevitable that some of these people pushed back...

					--Ray Bradbury
					"The Martian Chronicles"

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: SHotguns! Next: Re: Calm in battle