Prev: re: RE: balancing Fighters Next: SLAM for SG2

Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 10:30:03 -0400
Subject: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads

John Leary wrote:

> Jerry Han wrote:
>
> > SM-AF is an anti-fighter loadout.  Range 24", detonation radius 6".
> > Every fighter group within the detonation radius is attacked by d6
> > missiles; each missile attacks like a fighter.  If the fighter group
> > burns a CE to escape the detonation radius, the number of missiles
> > per fighter group is halved, and each fighter group is treated as
having
> > level 1 screens (level 2 for heavy fighters.)  No-rerolls. MASS: 2
> XXX
>      If I was going to burn an endurance to run away, I might as
> well try to kill the attacking missiles, the cost is the same.   JTL

Oh, I forgot about that part (I was typing these in from memory.)
Fighters
can't attack and destroy SM-AF loadouts, like they can attack the other
types of SM.

> XXX
> > SM-B is a bombardment loadout; instead of carrying missiles, it
carries
> > a large anti-matter bomb.  (This was tossed around in playtest, and
> > version of it exists in EFSB.)  Range 24", detonation radius 6".
Every
> > object within the detonation radius takes a d6 worth of damage, -1
per
> > inch of range outside of 3" radius.  Fighter craft lose that many
fighters;
> > heavy fighters lose the number halved.  No re-rolls.  MASS: 2
> XXX
>      The rule is inconsistent, either 'every object' takes 1D6 of
damage
> or the damage should be divided between every object in the blast
area.

My thought was every object in the blast radius takes the damage.
(Actually, didn't I say that i.e. 'Every object within the detonation
radius
takes a d6 worth of damage, -1 per inch of range outside of 3" ' )

J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: re: RE: balancing Fighters Next: SLAM for SG2