Prev: Gencon (United Kingdom) -Reply Next: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads

re: RE: balancing Fighters

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 08:56:48 -0400
Subject: re: RE: balancing Fighters

> Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:20:37 +0100
> From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@Smallworld.co.uk>
> Subject: RE: balancing Fighters
>
> >Instead of restricting the use of fighters why not allow more weapons
> >system to engage them?  Ideas such as anti-fighter missiles, better
> >fighter screens, new types of close up defenses and such.
>
> There are quite a few already Class 1's, PDS, ADFC, other fighters
> and Wave/Nova Guns (if you use them). I'd just remove the got to be
> attacking *YOU* clause.

i like it, because it's simple and doesn't require yet another
game mechanic.	this also makes escorts more effective, since
the ADFC restriction is removed.

if some feel that fighters are too powerful, why not make them
a bit more expensive to purchase?

david

David Reeves
home email: davidar@earthlink.net
work email: davidar@nortelnetworks.com
B5W Delta Section: http://home.earthlink.net/~davidar/DeltaSection.htm

Prev: Gencon (United Kingdom) -Reply Next: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads