Prev: Re: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction

Re: An introduction

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 12:07:49 -0400
Subject: Re: An introduction

I got into Dungeons and Dragons in high
>school in England (with the little white boxed version). I soon got
hooked
>on Traveller (the little black box version). Games companies then
stopped
>putting out little boxed versions of anything, so I had to move on. :-)

<snip>

>My degree was in Economics. I've got a minor in Astrophysics. I've
never
>used either.

Hi John!

Welcome (back) to the list!  Always nice to welcome a "kindred spirit" -

I share the memories of the little black Traveller books and the joys of
exploring the universe through them...	I still have all mine, including
big pile of the supplements.  D&D in 8th grade and onwards, Traveller,
Star
Frontiers, GangBusters, Boot Hill, and even "The Morrow Project"
(anybody
else remember that one - with it's almost-photocopied rules) - and
skipping
classes to sneak off to the library or the cafeteria and huddle over
maps,
dice and endless bits of note paper.   Good fun, that time was.

I'm sure there are more than a few of us out there with degrees
collecting
dust on the wall :)   Mine is in History and Geography, and I'm now an
Industrial Designer.

Anyway - welcome on board.

Adrian

Prev: Re: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction