Prev: Re: Re:Ship Names of the Nations Next: Re: [FH] Fleet Size: Alarishi

Re: [FT]Ship Names of the Nations - WWI Austro-Hungary (Long)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:33:06 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT]Ship Names of the Nations - WWI Austro-Hungary (Long)

Doug wrote:

> I'm not conversant in German, but I believe Herzog means Duke.

Yes.

> Could Erzherzog be Grand Duke?

Erzherzog means Archduke.

> Szentistvan !

Shouldn't this be two words (Szent Istvan)? IIRC "Szent" is the Magyar
way of spelling "Count", but I may well be wrong here. Imre?

> Kronprinz Erherzog Rufolf

Kronprinz Erzherzog Rudolf?

> I'll apologize in advance for the pop-ups
> and other atrocities I've yet to figure how to disable. *sigh*

Is it even possible to disable the GeoCities pop-ups? I thought they
were what financed GeoCities :-/

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Re:Ship Names of the Nations Next: Re: [FH] Fleet Size: Alarishi