Prev: RE: [FT] Tug confusion Next: RE: [FT] Tug confusion (and Tug vs. Bay)

Re: [FT] Tug confusion

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:43:06 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Tug confusion

JL :
***
Well if you don't like all the extras, just use a standard
FTL freighter with a pressurized cargo bay with a hatch.
I just happen to like the parasite fighter concept.  (like
Bab 5 did with the Black Omega squadron.)
***

At which point you've only moved all the 'stuff' I mentioned inside, and
requires
WAY more space, and, and, OH I GIVE UP.

I'll forgo describing what it took to make CAM's in the Battle of the
Atlantic
for one,
single-use Hurricane.

You win, do what you want with freighters, put guns of any size and
ignore all
mass considerations while you're at it.

Jarrad:
***
Maybe these 'fighter tugs' might represent a cheap enough design
to solve the problem of replacement fighter transport for
carriers that was being discussed a couple of months ago?
***

That's what I would have said, though the fighters would have to be
crated in
the freighter
to fit into the the mass space of just the fighters, in any game I'd
play, and
would require
campaign time to move to a fighter bay on the carrier to be prepped for
use.

The_Beast

Prev: RE: [FT] Tug confusion Next: RE: [FT] Tug confusion (and Tug vs. Bay)