Prev: Re: Ogre for Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres was: [DSII] Genre

Re: Ogre for Re: [DSII] Genre

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:19:13 -0600
Subject: Re: Ogre for Re: [DSII] Genre

***
What do you mean by a 'hull integrity checkoff'? DS2 vehicles don't have
SSDs per se; vehicles can be Damaged, Immobilzed, Systems Downed, or
destroyed, all of which are marked by putting chits down next to the
model. (or marking the dead vehicle with cotton wool 'smoke'). No
threshold checks like FT, which I assume is what you meant.
***

I wasn't thinking threshold checks per se, but an SSD for what is
supposed
to be an almost unique piece on the battlefield. I've seen games with
six
or more Ogres on the table, and that always seemed contrary to the idea
of
one big monster swatting fleas until final drained of blood.

I'd see the monster definitely worthy of special case, IF you want to go
with the fluff.

By the way, I always thought that the Ogre would go to whatever young
person you'd be trying to get involved with the game. Obviously, control
of terrible creatures has it's appeal, and the challenge of being
large numbers of effective 'fleas' seemed appropriate to the adult
playing.

***
DS2 armour is not ablative; if you wanted to give your Ogres ablative
armour it would require a fairly large re-write of the rules, as far as
can tell. Give it a try, maybe, and tell us how it goes.
***

*heh heh* I was just offering a suggestion to someone else. If anyone
DOES
pick up the ball, I'd also like to hear how it goes.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Ogre for Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres was: [DSII] Genre