Prev: Re: [OT-LIST] Unsupported character sets Next: Re: Ogre for Re: [DSII] Genre

Re: Ogre for Re: [DSII] Genre

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:55:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Ogre for Re: [DSII] Genre

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> Donald queried:
> ***
> Did you guys simulate the BPC armor the ogre has?
> This makes the ogres need no support....  That is what makes them
great!

> Yes I play ogre/gev too...the version previous to the minis version.
>
> Donald Hosford
> ***
>
> Well, biphase polycarbide armor was more PSB than system. However, I'd
think
> somekind of ablative armor would be good for mimicing the 'meters
thick' that
> would supposedly defeat even small nukes.
>
> Of course, it's been quite awhile since I played even limited DSII, so
if I'm
> forgetting systems already present, forgive me, but is there hull
integrity
> checkoff for vehicles? Another possible addition to make the Ogres
more like the
> fluff.

What do you mean by a 'hull integrity checkoff'? DS2 vehicles don't have
SSDs per se; vehicles can be Damaged, Immobilzed, Systems Downed, or
destroyed, all of which are marked by putting chits down next to the
model. (or marking the dead vehicle with cotton wool 'smoke'). No
threshold checks like FT, which I assume is what you meant.

DS2 armour is not ablative; if you wanted to give your Ogres ablative
armour it would require a fairly large re-write of the rules, as far as
can tell. Give it a try, maybe, and tell us how it goes.

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
--DS2/SG2/misc--
    -- House Rules, Photos, GW Autobasher, Fantasy Wargaming, and more--

Prev: Re: [OT-LIST] Unsupported character sets Next: Re: Ogre for Re: [DSII] Genre