Prev: Re: [FT] Battlefleet Gothic Next: Re: [FT] Obsolete ships

Re: [MISC] Web Pages

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:46:44 PST
Subject: Re: [MISC] Web Pages

>John C wrote:
>
>> of nothing but large gifs.  But, hey: it's a page of counters....).
The
>> only page that mixes a lot of text with a lot of graphics is the
>> Illuminati fleet page, which has an SSD for each ship.  I'm going to
be
>> redoing the page over the next week or two, bringing it more in line
>> with the revised Illuminati doctrine, and I was wondering about
people's
>> opinions of SSDs.
>
>I'm strongly considering adding some to my page, and I'm to most
>anti-graphics person I know--I've got exactally one and it's not going
>to take up permenant residence.  But since each of my ship stats is on
>seperate small page, it shouldn't add too much to throw up an SSD.

I try to walk the fine line between "elegant simplicity" and
"boring"--so far, I'm probably erring on the side of boring.  Of course,

when I get my scanner the whole situation changes.  I've got LOTS of
minis to scan...DSII, FT, SGII, misc, the whole magilla.

>> Of course, when I do the DSII page, I'm going to include record
sheets
>> for everything--tables, not graphics, but that's another debate.  I'm
>> still not using frames, though!
>
>Gotta have your DSII stats!  I stick 'em on a seperate page or at the
>bottom of the page.

Stats are a given, but I also want to do actual data cards--like the
ones from the DSII rulebook.  I did something similar using frames on my

ShockForce pages.  It's pretty easy to do, no real trouble to download,
and prints up nicely.  In an ideal world, I'd like to do each datacard
with a small picture of the appropriate mini in the corner...but that
does has not yet come.

John Crimmins
john1x@hotmail.com