Prev: Re: [MISC] Web Pages Next: Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

Re: [FT] Obsolete ships

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:19:29 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Obsolete ships

>One of the ideas I was playing with for a while was to have a NRE
>'mothball' or Reserve fleet with older ships which no longer quite cut
>it on the front lines.  I wasn't sure how to represent this.  One
>thought I had was to remove the more 'high-tech' weapons, and to make
>the ones that were installed bulkier.	Any ideas on exactally how to
peg
>the ratio of 'modern' size to 'obsolete' size, and how to point-cost
>them?

You have two choices, degrade performance of the systems, or increase
the
mass for comperable systems. I'd opt for the former as being more
reasonable.

I'd say a 33% to 50% decrease in performance would do quite nicely.
(i.e.
archaic beam batteries use 8 MU range bracketws instead if 12.)

Schoon

Prev: Re: [MISC] Web Pages Next: Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??