Prev: [URL] GZG at GenCon has 1999 Info Next: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos

Re: UBW Tech

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:13:51 EST
Subject: Re: UBW Tech

<< > the Gawain Defence force, it has

 > 6 Platoons of Milishia
 > Assault Cav Troops (Horse Mounted, they are the local Polo Team)

 <lol> now that's cool! however, it is a pretty big polo team - 6
platoons
 is something like 180 men, surely? surely that's not allowed!

 > they should be
 > interesting to play.

 very!
Tell me about it, I just got done playing out a little scen were a Mech
Inf
Platoon (using MICV) (supported by a med tank) was ambushed by part of
the Cav
Troop (4 stands of assault, normal, GMS/L basic, and APWS and a stand of
GSM/L
basic power armour.  The NAC forces fired first destroying one of the
GMS/L
basic cav troops.  The remaining GSM/L cav troops fired in the MBT and
got a
system down-target, but no other damage.  The NAC did not have any other
forces so the UBW APWS fired on the NAC inf, destroying all but the
GSM/L, not
that they could do any damage to the troops.  The PA troops fired on one
of
the MICV destroying it, the Cav Troops fired on another MICV damaging
it.  The
next turn the MBT tried to get the heck out of dodge, but the GSM/L cav
group
fired on it getting a BOOM and M chits destroying it.  The remnets of
the Mech
Inf Platoon fired on the GSM/L and destroyed all of the stands, the PA
troops
got another MICV and the Normal cav troops damaged another.  On turn
three the
2 MICVs fired at the PA troops, doing no damage, in return the PA stand
got
the last MICV and the Cav troops fired at the damaged MICV causing a
System
Down - Target crit, as the Power Armour troopers moved in on the MICV
they
waved a white flag. for the loss of four stands of GSM/L basic Cav inf
the UBW
got 2 Line rifle stands, 1 line APWS team, 1 GSM/L Enh team, 1 Medium
Battle
Tank and four MICVs, not bad, if you ask me.
 Tom >>
-Stephen

Prev: [URL] GZG at GenCon has 1999 Info Next: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos