Prev: Re: making list Next: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.

Re: [FT] K'rathri in the Tuffleyverse (was Re: making list)

From: -MWS- <hauptman@c...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 21:33:58 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] K'rathri in the Tuffleyverse (was Re: making list)

At 06:53 PM 1/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>[snip]
>>> also, are we looking at the K'rathi as a new alien species in the
>extended
>>> Tuffleyverse? and what do we call this set of all unofficial powers?
the
>>> EpiTuffleyverse? the Gzglverse? and how do you pronounce GZG-L?
>"Ghazgul"?
>>> surely not?
>

>I think the Kilrathi

K'rathri, not Kilrathi - a subtle but significant difference.  The
K'rathri
are an amalgamation of Kilrathi [WC], Zheeerlikou'valkhannaieee [Weber],
Klingon [ST], and Kzinti [Niven].

>are unnecessarily duplicative, to the point of being excessively
>superfluous and multiply redundant--we already have the Kra'Vak

To each his own.  In my mind, there's always room in the universe for
another large, hostile, carnivorous foe.

>......and I cringe when I think of copyright law with respect to them.

Hrrr????  As long as I'm the only one creating logos and graphics, I
really
don't see how this can become a problem.  If you didn't notice, a *lot*
of
authors use a "K" word when they create hostile cat/felinoid races.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: making list Next: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.