Prev: Re: DSII - Air Defence Levels. Next: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

[FT] Asteroid names, was Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:41:39 -0500
Subject: [FT] Asteroid names, was Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster

Quoth the Indy:
>I was kinda thinking of the few conventions I've been to and ran FT
games
at;
I've usually gotten descended upon by a 'pack' of FTers.  :-)  Call it a
tip
of the hat nod to the list. Ship names for this class come from names of
people
on the list (eg, HAN, DAVIS, TESKE, ISENBERG, BELL, GUNDBERG, FIELD,
etc)<

And I was just last night thinking, "I'd like to name some of my
asteroids
in the Alarishi Empire after people on the list."

The first inspiration I had was the two main sites of the Imperial
University's Very Long Baseline Array astrocartography project.  They
orbit
about 40 AU out from the Alarishi main star (on opposite sides from each
other).  With permission, I'll name them Winchell and Chung.

My second was Kochte, a scientific station devoted to plasma research.
One
of their favorite activities is racing around the asteroid--since it is
microgravity environment, they can't run, so they climb...

As for the rest of you characters, please bear in mind that in the
Alarishi
Empire, anyone who can define a territory and occupy it can claim
sovereignty.  You can set up whatever society you wish, from a family to
corporation to an anarchy to a commune to a whatever.  If you'd like an
asteroid (rock, ship, habitat, section of one of the gas giant moon's,
comet
etc.) in your name, please e-mail me OFF LIST laserlight@cwix.com with
any
suggestions.

Prev: Re: DSII - Air Defence Levels. Next: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)