Prev: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion. Next: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.

RE: UFTWWWP changes coming up.

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:26:18 -0000
Subject: RE: UFTWWWP changes coming up.

Mark wrote:

>try to flaunt my newly acquird graphics design knowledge to
>spruce up the site (oringal imagmes, image maps, etc.).

Just remember that lots of graphics takes a long time to
load for people on slow connections. Sometimes simple
plain text (as it is now) and colored table cells is best.

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9703a.html

Contains a lot of tips on this aspect of page design

A simple repeating graphic is OK as that is usually cached
by the browser but large complex and unique images have to come
down the line.

One solution is to provide two access points one to
simple version and the other to the high bandwidth
one.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion. Next: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.