Prev: Re: Fighter Missiles and such Next: Re: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR

[FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:39:19 -0800
Subject: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR

Stop the car?? This is a car chase! I went through considerable trouble
to set this up. wrote:

Indy/Noam,
     I had thought to add comments to Indys AAR, but then I thought
again.

Assumptions/Comments/Questions not necessarly in that order.

Information gained from the AAR:
Range reduction per level of stealth
 type	max range  reduction per level of stealth
class 3 =  24  =    6 inches
class 2 =  16  =    4 inches
class 1 =   8  =    2 inches

stealth effect = 16% range reduction/level
		 also acts as a screen/level

Question: What is the mass/cost of this 'stealth' device.
	  (Is it a combined two screens and ECM package from FT/MT)

Comment:  While I do experiments in the rules/weapons areas frequently,
I do not suprise the people I play with.  I advise them that I am trying
out something new and that it may or may not work.

Comment: The 'offset arc' is a tactic for a 'one of' game and is not
usable for a campaign game.   Indy, I would suggest you try a couple
of 'Trial by Combat' ships in the next meeting.   The replacement of
the PDAF with Enhanced sensors will double the sensor range to 120
inches. (MY house rules)

Comment: Fast ships, I like fast ships.

Sustained attack concept:
     I agree with the concept because it is logical to presume
the fighter can follow the target.  (The same thing happened in the
'Forge Worlds' game.)

Awaiting a reply.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Fighter Missiles and such Next: Re: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR