Prev: Re: [FT] rerolls for anti-fighter fire query Next: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR

Re: Fighter Missiles and such

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:01:16 EST
Subject: Re: Fighter Missiles and such

<< I'd say keep it as is, with "standard" and "heavy" fighters.  The
real
world
 seems to work that way, eg among American forces F16 and 18 are pretty
 clearly Light, F15 and F14 are Heavy.	Now, I might agree with larger
 craft--occupying twice the space of a normal fighter--for some
purposes,
 such as Large Attack or ECM birds, but I wouldn't let them get Screen
2,
 much less 3 or 4.  How would you get Screen 4 on fighters when it isn't
 available for ships?  Doesn't make sense to me. >>
 They way that I think about that is this:  Is it harder to hit a
Kestral than
a humming bird, in this case the Screen-4 is the fact that it is
maneverable
rather than acual screening.  Or you PBS that fighter screens take less
engergy to work and thuse can be brought up to higher levels.  But I
don't
think that I want to go there.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: [FT] rerolls for anti-fighter fire query Next: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR