Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics Next: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 23:06:39 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

<< Why are we discussing a million point starship?  Because someone
gamed with
 it.  That is what we do on this list, right?  Discuss games?  If you
asking
 why one would play with such a ship, all I can ask in response is: Why
not?
  It's no more absurd than the Death Star, is it?  Just think of it as
an
 Ogre in space.

 As to the how such a ship could exist, how about this?

 It IS a world...the end result of millennia of planetary engineering,
it
 wanders through space with the remnants of a once-great civilzation, in
 search of a new system to call home.

 Maybe it's a Beserker, designed to annihilate entire worlds.

 It could have been created by a planetary mind, like Solaris, an entity
 literally incapable of conceiving of a million smaller ships.

 Maybe some teenage Vorlons are taking their custom hotrod out for a
 joyride!  Crazy kids....

 Want another dozen ideas?  Just ask.

 As for the genre....  It's Science FICTION, John.  Infinite
possibilities.
 That's why I like it so much.	Broaden your mind, man!  Expand your
 horizons!  You'll have much more fun that way. >>
It is a NAC warship, not yet built, it is designed to destroy Kra'Vak
ships,
without getting hit by there rail guns, the reson for the super long
range
weapons is to counter the Kra'Vaks manevuerablity, the reson that it was
fighting ESU and FSE forces is that is a computer simulation, not a real
battle, thats the story, it was to see how the ship would fight agenst
the
NACs Terran alliances, for the day when the Kra'Vak are a bad memory and
there
is another human cival war..
For those how want a reson for the ship.
-Adm. Sir Stephen F. Kaylee

Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics Next: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics