Prev: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions... Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

RE: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:31:35 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

-----Original Message-----
From: agoodall@interlog.com [mailto:agoodall@interlog.com]
Subject: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

>1) I need a clarification on the bailout rules.
SNIP SNIP

Hmm, not having my rule book handy; I think we apply the bail out to
disabled and destroyed vehicles as well.

>2) Where do figures go when they bail out?
SNIP SNIP

We use the 6" radius positioning. It is an involountary action and don't
forget that that the troops who have bailed out will take the
Suppressions
with them!

>3) How big is a vehicle in Line of Sight terms?
SNIP SNIP
IIRC the rules state that vehicles don not block LOS at all. In some
instances this seems quite unreasonable, but there you go.

SNIP SNIP
>My Power Armour guys were armed with Traveller PGMP-14s. These I had as
D6
>Firepower, D12 Impact. The rules in SG2 include situations where a
squad
fires
>small arms at a vehicle, and includes rules for squads firing support
weapons
>capable of penetrating a vehicle. However, this is a special case.

IMO you would roll one Qual die and one d6 for each weapon firing.
Consider
an ordinary NAC squad with SAW and PPG. When firing the full squad you
may
add any Support Weapons so the dice rolled include a d8 for SAW and a d6
for
PPG. So I'd try the multiple dice option.

Cheers,

Owen

Prev: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions... Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure