Prev: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units Next: Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns

"Wheenie mode", was Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 00:03:27 +0100
Subject: "Wheenie mode", was Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns

Steven Arrowsmith wrote:

> Here we go again.. We can never stop 'wheenie mode' so lets stop
> trying..We are just trying to move the Kra'Vaks into the Fleet Book..

I strongly disagree with this.

The entire FB1 design system was intended to minimize the usefulness of
going "wheenie mode". It doens't entirely *stop* it, but we did try to
ensure that each weapon has at least one range bracket, field of fire or
target type where it outperforms its competitors - and so far I think we
succeeded fairly well.

The FT2 "wheenie mode" (eg, all ships armed with 3-arc A batteries since
they were *the* best, both Mass- and cost-wise) doesn't work in FB1. It
shouldn't work in the FB2 either.

(The post Steven replied to commented that one specific railgun class in
a particular railgun proposal was clearly better than all competitors at
all ranges, making it the obvious "wheenie" choice.)

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
FB1 wheenie-hunter
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units Next: Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns