Prev: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT Next: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Re: [FT] suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?

From: -MWS- <hauptman@c...>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 02:58:37 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?

At 08:56 PM 12/4/98 +0000, you wrote:
[snip]
>	I have all the models but I forget some of the names so forgive
me if I
>stuff up a little. Basically Primus to Vorchan should all be moved down
1
>rating. I see the diffence between CE and CL as one of function and
>armament so you can forget one. One of the models was called a
destroyer on
>the box (the Alterian I think, long thin one with a hook on it's nose)
>which might suit there or as CL. That would really only leave small
gaps.
>I'd be temped to "dress up" Romulan ST models for the smaller stuff but
>that depends on how stead your hands are and how bind you wish to go.
Hope
>this helps.
>
>	Tony.

Hiya Tony!

I'm 'slotting' the Centauri ships according to their relative size, as
compared with the GZG line.  One thing I noticed about the AOG line is
that
they use "Battleship" as their largest designation, so I'm bumping up
the
class a couple of levels from what they give as a ship class. :)

Here's what I have (or have planned for acquisition <g>) so far.  I've
mapped the groups so that they'll work with both FTMT and FTFB class
categories.

Fighters:
  [YY] Standard Fighters - GZG 'Kantauris' Fighters
  [YH] Heavy Fighters - GZG 'Kantauris' Heavy Fighters
Escorts:
  [GL] Courier Boat - ??
  [GS] Scoutship - AOG Sentri Medium Fighters
  [FL] Corvette - AOG Rutarian Strike Fighters
  [FF] Frigate - GW Eldar Night Wing Interceptors
  [DD] Destroyer - GW Eldar Phoenix Bombers (w/o wing guns)
  [DH] Heavy ('Super') Destroyer - GW Eldar Phoenix Bombers (w/wing
guns)
Cruisers:
  [CL] Light Cruiser - ??
  [CE] Escort Cruiser - ??
  [CA] Strike Cruiser - ??
  [CH] Heavy Cruiser - AOG Vorchan Warship
Capital Ships:
  [BC] Battlecruiser - AOG Alterian Destroyer
  [BB] Battleship - AOG Dargan Strike Cruiser
  [DN] Battledreadnought - AOG Primus Battlecruiser
  [SD] Superdreadnought - AOG Octurion Battleship
Carriers:
  [CVS] Scout Carrier - ??
  [CVE] Escort Carrier - ??
  [CVL] Light Carrier - ??
  [CV]	Fleet Carrier - AOG Balvarin Carrier (Jan99 release)
  [CVA] Assault Carrier - ??

The Dargan, with a length of 3.0" and a 'wingspan' of 2.75", is just
right
(size wise) for the main fleet Battleship.  The Alterian checks in at
2.75"
long and a 1.875" wingspan, while the Vorchan is 1.875" long but has a
width of 2.25" across the horizontal crescent, so it just 'seems right'
for
the CH.  I plan on fielding a bunch of Vorchans - they are such a
*pretty*
ship.

I'm hoping that the AOG Covran (slated for Jan99 release along with the
Balvarin) will work out for either the CA or the CC/CE class.  I'm just
guestimating that the Balvarin will work as a standard CV.  If it is
size
equivalent with the Dargan, it should.:)

As you can see from this mapping, I've still got Cruisers and Carriers
find & adapt to complete my basic TOE.	I'm starting to lean towards
Kilrathi naming conventions, as Orion names tend to be excessively
polysyllabic <g>.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT Next: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)