Prev: Re: [FT] Railguns Next: FT: railguns and arcs

Re: FTFB General Question

From: "Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist..." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:19:46 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FTFB General Question

>>Do many people use the national fleets presented in the Fleet Book to
make
>>up the bulk of their forces?	If so, which fleet design do you like
the
>>best, or have the most success with?

[...]
>As for rate of success.... I must admit to having a fairly low rate,
but I
>wouldn't necessarily blame that on the FSE designs I think it has more
>do with the fact I've got a much smaller fleet and I have a tendency to
>just rush in and throw sound tactics/strategy out the window for a
brief
>moment of blood and glory :)

...do you have a sister??  ;-)

>I have seen the FSE kick some serious NSL butt though and I think it
just
>comes down to the commander and their preferences/abilities. Get a
fleet
>that suits your style of command :)

Your last thoughts here basically echo what I was going to say. Each
'race' is suited to a different style of play, and one should find that
style and go for it. I think there is a lot of potential for the FSE if
they have the right commander (and that ain't me). I respect the ESU
ships,
but they hold no interest for me to fly. I personally am partial to the
NAC
and NSL ships.

Of course, I happen to also *like* p-torps, even if I can't hit the
broad
side of a barn with them most of the time.  ;-)

Indy
-
Sarah: "Is this the point where I say, 'why in the heck am I doing
this'?"

Indy: "And this is the point where I say, 'belay's on'."

Prev: Re: [FT] Railguns Next: FT: railguns and arcs