Prev: Re: FTFB General Question Next: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

FT: railguns and arcs

From: "Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist..." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:25:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: FT: railguns and arcs

>Reading through the posts of the last few minutes, led me to revise
this
>slightly:
>
>Class 1 RAILGUN - 1 MASS, 3-arc fire
>Class 2 RAILGUN - 3 MASS, 2-arc fire
>Class 3 RAILGUN - 9 MASS, 1-arc fire
>POINT COST = 4 per MASS

Question: maybe I missed it or overlooked it in earlier postings, but
why the concern about the Kra'Vak railguns having arcs? I personally
find their LACK of arcs to be a 'trait' of their race, and they make
up for it (as I noted in an earlier post) with their turn-on-a-dime
maneuverability. What human ship can equal theirs in this department?

IMHO the Kra'Vak, as they currently stand with MB, are reasonably
balanced against human ships (not exactly balanced, no; there are
tweaks that need to be made, yes, most definitely). Both sides have
their strong and weak points. Yeah, allow railguns to reroll; I'm
cool with that. But I'd be more interested in limiting their arcs of
fire to 1 arc...MAYbe two. Their limitation on arcs would force a
different type of ship design than what humans have. And hence lend
more credence that these are *alien* ships. Not human-like sub-clones.

Indy
-
Sarah: "Is this the point where I say, 'why in the heck am I doing
this'?"

Indy: "And this is the point where I say, 'belay's on'."

Prev: Re: FTFB General Question Next: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak