Prev: Re: DS2 Resins to FT or FTFB Mass Next: Re: Status report on: Re: hey, is anybody out there....

Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 12:24:26 -0700
Subject: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

>Excellent point here. Matthew has me convinced that the re-roll option
for
>railguns is probably not the best idea, and in light of this, I'm
inclined
>to agree.

It just reduced the number of dice you have to roll (generally a good
thing).  Also, Depending on the way you do rerolls, damage can get
high quickly.

>The problem might be solved by varying the effective range brackets -
as
>Matthew suggested - to some multiple of the railgun class (he suggested
>4/6/8, and I countered with 3/6/9).

The trouble with only a 3" bracket for the R1's is that it only shoots
out to 15".  And that smaller brackets mean more fiddly measuring.
And 9" brackets on the R3 means it shoots out to 45".  The only other
weapon that can touch this is a Class 4 beam.  Do we want to give the
Kra-Vak that much of a range advantage?  And if we do that sucker had
better be really massive.  I don't want small fast ships sitting out
of range playing tag type game.

>>     Actually, keep up the good work, it will take some time to
>>work out the bugs (it's a Joke).
>
>I actually like criticism, so I'm pleased to get great input like this.
>I'll get back to work...

I can be talked into 3/6/9 brackets, I'm just worred that it makes too
much difference between the classes.  And that the R3 gets really
REALLY nasty.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: DS2 Resins to FT or FTFB Mass Next: Re: Status report on: Re: hey, is anybody out there....