Prev: GEV capabilities Next: Re: [ANN] Armageddon Outfitter now online

Re: More Fleet Book errata

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 08:26:34 -0700
Subject: Re: More Fleet Book errata

>Samuel Reynolds

>> >Um... no, 351 points with 6 mass unused. You've forgotten to pay for
>the
>> >troop quarters and one of the three mass 1 weapons here.
>>
>> Huh? There's only *one* mass-1 weapon: a single class-1 beam
>> battery.
>
>PDS are weapons as well (at least they're able to inflict damage on
both
>fighters and starships...), and there are 2 of those :-/
>
>> I mis-typed that number; it should have been 319 points,
>> not 316.
>
>OK
>
>>  Cargo Space 	T8 T8 T8 T8	32	0
>
>Ah, true. My fault - Jon originally wanted to charge design points for
>cargo space, but he gave in eventually. I forgot that :-/
>
>> I assumed that the landers weren't included, since other
>> hangars (fighter bays) in the FB were priced empty.
>
>You can't include fighters in the carrier costs, since there's no fixed
>cost for a fighter squadron, but landing craft always costs 2xMass.
>Should've been noted in the design box, though.
>
>> If I add the cost of the landers:
>>
>>  Mass 5 Lander		(4)		-	40
>>					----	----
>>					114	377
>>
>> So I guess the landers make up the difference, so the
>> FB listing appears to be missing the screen generator.
>
>Seems likely, yes.
>
>> Guess I need to add "interface vehicle" to my Designer.
>
>And an option to include the various fighter types, perhaps?

Already has that. <g>
Add a fighter bay, and you get a popup for "Empty Bay" or
the various types of fighter. You can also specify how many
identical bays you want (i.e., you don't have to add additional
bays, just set the number of bays, unless you want a different
kind of fighter).

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: GEV capabilities Next: Re: [ANN] Armageddon Outfitter now online