Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: [sg2] Non-lethal/riot weapons

Re: Bartertown

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:33:03 -1000
Subject: Re: Bartertown

I don't know the poster, but he makes a weekly (approximately) posting
of
'Upcoming Events' that lists tons of cons (appears to focus on
historical
minis, but does include others).  That seems to be a potentiall useful
service, and if not, it is a single 2-page piece of mail every week or
2.
This latest message appears to be an advert, but in reality is more of
an
informational link to a miniatures swap-meet page.  It is not a sales
site
(or claims not to be) and there appears to be no commission or fees or
anything else.	Just a bulliten board for people to talk about
swapping/trading/selling/buying their own minis.  Could be useful,
especially since I often see list members talking about their searches
for
specific minis, etc.

Now the fact that he threw the URL out like he did with no explanationor
comments is fairly rude, and a slap on the hand is warranted, but I
don't
know if anyone here actually uses this information he provides.  Anyone?

This is not a call for 'me too' posts!	If you don't have any use or
interest in either the 'Upcoming Events' postings or the minis-trading
website, Please DO NOT respond just to say so - let your silence be
noted
as exactly that  If you do find these posts useful or informative, One
or
two of you might post to let Jon know that.
FWIW, I do not mind the upcoming events posts, even though it will be a
cold day in hell before I make it to a con...even longer till a real con
comes to Alaska.

Jared Noble (who doesn't want a single rude action to remove potentially
useful info if people benefit from it)

Jonathan White <Jw4@bolton.ac.uk> on 11/02/98 02:29:16 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Jared E Noble/AAI/ARCO)

At 17:05 02/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
(URL Snipped)
That looked suspiciously like an advert to me. I don't remember this
person's email address before either. Anyone want to speak up in their
defense before I unsub them?

	       TTFN
		    Jon
---
--
"Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be liberated and
expensive"

Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: [sg2] Non-lethal/riot weapons