Prev: Re: [FT] SOF Insertion ship Next: Re: [FT] SOF Insertion ship

Re: Medics in SG2

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:18:42 -0800
Subject: Re: Medics in SG2

Kenneth Winland wrote:

>	  Most medics do carry weapons... even though it may be
"forbidden".
> In Vietnam, a number of medics carried CAR-15s, shotguns,or M1911s.
When

The ones I've worked with tend to acquire a 9mm.  It's legal as long as
it's only used for self-defense or defense of wounded.

>	  A friend of ours who is a capting in the US special forces
says
> that in some sf teams, the medic is the guy who carries the SAW.

Special Forces medics are a different kettle of fish--those teams are
too small for anyone not to be putting rounds downrange in a fight.  Of
course, the tradeoff is that
they are no longer covered by the Geneva prohibitions against popping
medics deliberately.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [FT] SOF Insertion ship Next: Re: [FT] SOF Insertion ship