Prev: Re: The Kra'Vak Next: Anti-ship PDS Fire (Was Re: Ship/Crew Experiance Pt I)

RE: The Kra'Vak

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:39:00 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: The Kra'Vak

You wrote:

>run from, why are they so surprised at Human behavior?  Why is human
space  >their only expansion axis?  Maybe it's not, but this could be
the first >real Threat they have come up against.  And they are
worried.  Not only are >they different looking, they're lunatics.
Maybe the KV think that a show >of force will settle the Humans down.
Or maybe they're gearing up for >genocide...

I don't know why, I just know it is.  Otherwise going to the time and
effort to smack away at the Humans doesn't make sense.	Quite likely
they are hemmed in by Savasku on one or more sides, and possibly by
other aliens in other directions.  I think  that the storyline as it
stands is the beginning of the first real attacks, into NAC and NSL
space.	Probing attacks continue all along Human space.  The attacks
are currently the sort of show of force that Kra'Vak clans engage in to
determine the strength of a potential opponent--like Bighorn sheep
engaging in head butting.  If the power diffential is too great, the
weaker clan is absorbed, otherwise they negotiate an end to the
conflict.

John

Prev: Re: The Kra'Vak Next: Anti-ship PDS Fire (Was Re: Ship/Crew Experiance Pt I)