Prev: Re: Ship/Crew Experiance Next: RE: Figure's Personal Equipment

Re: Spreadsheets and such...

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:02:51 -0900
Subject: Re: Spreadsheets and such...

FYI, there are several spreadsheets for ship construction at the FT
computer core.
     http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/index.html

When you post yours, send a link (possibly the spreadsheet itself) to
Tim
Jones.
I'll let Tim share his e-mail address with you, or contact me via
private
e-mail.

FYI, my spreadsheet (FTFBDesign v0.3) is an updated version of Schoon's
v0.2
(also posted.)	Mine adds a few new options, is compatible with the
PalmPilot
(using tinysheet or Quicksheet) and has the ability (currently buggy) of
solving
for your ship's mass based on the systems and performance you specify.

For those interested there have been several improvements made recently
(special thanks to Richard Slattery help in finding some errors).  I am
going to
re-test it, tweak a few more things, then re-submit it.

I believe Jon/GZG has been very positive about homebrewed tools, as with
other 'extensions' to the GZG rules.  however, If you are thinking about
selling
your program you may wish to inquire further.

(Jon, anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong here.)

Jared Noble

"Andy Akins" <igor@ames.net> on 10/02/98 11:12:36 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   "Ground Zero List" <FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk>
cc:    (bcc: Jared E Noble/AAI/ARCO)
Subject:  Spreadsheets and such...

A question to the list...

I see that many people out there have done what I am doing, made a
spreadsheet for helping with ship construction for Full Thrust. My
question
is - what are Ground Zero's rules/restrictions on making said
spreadsheets
available to others?

I don't want to step on Jon's (or anyone else's) toes...but if possible
might post my sheet on my web site.

Thanks.

| Andrew Akins							       |
| Home: igor@ames.net - http://www.ames.net/igor/ - AOL IM: Iowa Akins |
| Work: andya@cms-gt.com - http://www.cms-gt.com/ - AOL IM: CMS AndyA  |
| IMTU: tc++(**) ru+ ge 3i+ jt- au+ ls+ kk+ hi+ as+ va+ dr+ so+ zh+    |
| Geek: GCS d- s+:+ a- C++ W++ w+++(-)$ PS+ PE t- 5++ X+ R+++ tv+      |

Prev: Re: Ship/Crew Experiance Next: RE: Figure's Personal Equipment