Prev: Re: GZG:(FB) ADFC question Next: Re: Star Soldier (Near space maps)

RE: Powered Armour

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:31:51 +1000
Subject: RE: Powered Armour

-----Original Message-----
From: agoodall@sympatico.ca [mailto:agoodall@sympatico.ca]

>Good Lord, Phil!!!! I'm designing just such a scenario, for use with
some
15mm
>figures!! The scenario is a NAC commando squad against a NSL tank
laager.
The
>tanks are kitbashed Rocco mini-tanks and/or three original Traveller
grav
>tanks.
>
>I've been debating whether the commandos should be veterans or elites.
Any
>ideas?

Sounds interesting.

May I be so bold as to suggest more than jsut one squad? Otherwise you
have
no tactical/game  flexibility. A single squad would be okay in a
Skirmish
game as you actually have 6/7/8 elements to move. One squad doesn't
allow
you to deliver the shock impact of striking at multiple targets
simultaneously, providing fire support for withdrawing, cut-off/ambush
En
Ready Reaction force etc.

All Veterans for the Commandos; after all most Commandos are not quite
in
the same category as what we consider the more elite/special forces eg
British 42 Commandoes, Aussie 4 RAR (Commando) are just well motivated
and
differently trained to the Regular Army; weapon handling/battlecraft
skills
are pretty much the same.

Owen G

Prev: Re: GZG:(FB) ADFC question Next: Re: Star Soldier (Near space maps)