Prev: RE: [MIN] DS2 model/painting questions Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

Mini Review - New GZG

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 01:55:51 -0000
Subject: Mini Review - New GZG

Argh...  I just realised that it's after 1am and I'm in my temporary
office without the Phalon minis (including some new ones that weren't
available 2 months ago).  I guess I'll have to write these up
tomorrow...
um I mean later today.

Infantry Walkers:
Five different types - six to a set - Dimensions of 2cm high by a little

less than 1cm wide.  All of them have a shape similar to the BattleTech
line.  When compared to the 6mm PA miniatures the infantry walkers are a

bit larger and have more of a robotic look to them.

They come in the following poses:
- Set 1 (DSM139) - Rounded head w/ a carbine proportioned weapon in one
hand.
- Set 2 (DSM140) - Similar shape to Set 1 with either an integrated
shoulder mounted missile launcher or mini rocket pod mount over one
shoulder w/ a carbine proportioned weapon.
- Set 3 (DSM141) - Different than 1 & 2 in style.  Armed with a pistol
proportioned weapon that has three tubes/barrels in it.  The pistol is
either aimed at an angle out from the side or pointing toward the ground

near it's side.
- Set 4 (DSM142) - Once again, this one is different in style from the
proceeding groups, armed with a slimmer pistol pointed at either to the
front in an almost hip shooting kind of angle or pointing in the air.
- Set 5 (DSM143) - The final set is in yet another style from the
predecessors.  This one is holding the oversized pistol type weapon in
it's left hand, the weapon having more curves to it - probably being
more
of a DFFG than a RFAC or other solid round projector.

New Biological Ships:
All of this new experimental line look like organic ships.  Various
exposed tissue with a lot of hardened plates all over surface.	They
range in size from about 1" to about 2.5 to 3" long.  Below is a quick
run down on the nine types.
- In the MT book near the Sa'Vasku (I believe) there is a long slug like

ships with a few dorsal and belly spikes protruding from the center line

of the organism.  This appears to be nearly the size of most fleets
heavy
cruisers.
- The next type looks like the type above but smaller - about the size
of
an escort cruiser.
- A larger specimen comes next.  It has a form like that of a boomerang
with two long arms/weapons projecting from a rounder aft section.  There

is one shorter arm/weapon section protruding between the other two
(maybe
it's something else... ?).  BC/CA size is a pretty good description.
- Next is a slightly smaller version of the previous example.  It's just

a little smaller and is missing the mysterious third projection.
- The third type of this style is even smaller yet, with two arms, one
being twice as big as the other.
- Next is a slug like vessel with two horn or antenna poking straight
out
in front of it.
- Following this is an exact duplicate of the previous on except smaller

- maybe the same size as a destroyer.
- This next one is the most radically different of the line.  Spine or
tentacles encircle it just underneath the carapace armor that modeled on

it's back.  It has a bit of a tear drop shape with the longer tentacles
coming from the rounder portion of the drop.
- The last one is about destroyer sized.  The forward part is round and
has the largest girth of this model.  It slopes down a bit and forms
what
appears to be a stinger or tail at the end.  If the Phalons are phallic
symbols in space this model could be rounds it would fire if you get my
drift.

I hope this is a good enough description folks.  As I'm very tired I'm
sending this off and heading back to my hotel to try and sleep (My
employer might appreciate this).

Kevin Walker			 Mac Developer / Software Engineer
sage@millcomm.com		 sage@wamnet.com
Rochester  MN  USA		 WAM!NET

Prev: RE: [MIN] DS2 model/painting questions Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.