Prev: Mini Review - New GZG Next: Re: Mini Review - New GZG

Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:05:43 +1200
Subject: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

John Crimmins <johncrim@voicenet.com> wrote:
>>    I read "The Diamond Age", I liked it, but I don't remember any
armour
>>battles in it. There were social conflicts and character conflicts,
though.
>There are none.  I am in the middle of re-reading it, and just finished
>reading  that virtually all warfare is being fought entirely by
>nanomachines.	Not something that ANY game could really model, and not
>something that would be a lot of fun to play anyway.
>*Roll Dice*
>"All of your soldiers explode!  Guess your counternanites weren't up to
>snuff!"
>
>I was just trying to say that war could, potentially, get really weird.
>Even in the relatively near future.
    Yes. That future is closer than most people imagine. See my links on
nanotechnology for more. Another book on nanotechnology put forward the
idea
that nanotech could alter the allegiance of the enemy! Leading to:
*Roll Dice*
"All of your soldiers join my side!" Guess your counternanites were
overwhelmed!

>That would have been my main argument in favour of the continued
existence
>of GW.  Even 40K players grow up eventually.  As do, apparently, game
>designers!  Look at the new Epic 40K  vs. Space Marine, and see which
game
>is (a lot) more playable.
    Yes, my friend Alex has GW's Epic and I've read through and studied
the
rules. They're a lot more playable than GW's earlier system. The "word
ability" for units is a good feature that I would like to incorporate in
DSII and in my unnamed, undesigned higher scale version, dealing with
companies and brigades.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Mini Review - New GZG Next: Re: Mini Review - New GZG