Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: WSGS club Webpage.

RE: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 10:11:31 +1000
Subject: RE: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Martin [mailto:Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz]

>>I am beginning to agree with the writer of the "SGII Players vs. 40K
>>Players" list...both groups of players seem unable to admit that their
game
>>of choice is not the be-all and end-all of SF miniature gaming.
 >   GZG DSII and SGII are the best games currently available for
modern,
>ultramodern, and near future wargaming. The rules do need some
polishing to
>suit ultra modern capabilities.

A similar thread was run quite a while ago. Let's face it; FT,DS and SG
are
all games. Whilst SG is a pretty damn realistic game is ISN'T a
simulation.
I love it as it comes closer to realistic platoon/company level than any
other I've played whilst keeping the game playable. As Andrew says, SG
has
its inconsistencies and such but it's pretty damn good!

It is not the game system in 40K I object to (the same basic system is
in
Necromunda which is a very playable skirmish level game) but the GW
marketing style!! BUY,BUY, BUY!

Owen G

Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: WSGS club Webpage.