Prev: Re: GZG List Code proposal. Next: Re: GZG List Code proposal.

Re: GZG List Code proposal.

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:09:10 -0600
Subject: Re: GZG List Code proposal.

>I've noticed that some people seem to be aggravated when esoteric GZG
>subjects come up on the mailing list. So why don't we have a code for
>the E-Mail subject lines? That way, a quick press of the delete key and
>the irritating, to you, e-mail is gone for good.
>    How about: "GZG" first of all? So, if you're on multiple mailing
>lists you can easily sort out which messages are from which mailing
>list.

No thanks. You can filter on the list address for this (I do
as a matter of course; I participate in about 7 different lists
-- though most are not as active as this one!).

>    If the e-mail is about a specific game system, then "DSII" or "DS2"
>for Dirtside II, "SG2" or "SGII" for Stargrunt II, "XT" for eXtra
Thrust
>(FTIII?), "EFSB" or "B5" for Earth Force Source Book or Babylon 5 and
>similar.

[DS]  [SG]  [FT]  [FT3]  [EFSB]  [B5]

Good! Then I can easily dump the B5 and SG stuff, which I'm
not particularly interested in.

>    If the e-mail is about future history, we could use Political or
>Organisations or History or Events or just Future History as the case
>may be.
>    Meta questions about, say, the mailing list could be: "List". Much
>like my own subject line.
>    Silly subjects, like Wombles, can have the code: "Off Topic -
>Wombles." or similar.

[OT] works well for this.

>    Adverts for sites, club, locations, URL, and similar would be:
>"Advert".

[AD]

>    After these codes would come the description of what the message is
>about.
>
>I welcome comments and suggestions. Here's a water bucket for those hot
>flames! Splash!

Ooooh! That felt good!	;-)

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: GZG List Code proposal. Next: Re: GZG List Code proposal.